Monday, May 28, 2007

14 Weeks Today

...and still tired. I can't imagine having the energy not only to get through the day, but to get through a day of taking care of a baby! I'm getting more headaches now, I guess because of the increased blood flow throughout my body. Rolling over in bed is perilous, since my ligaments are loosening up and I can easily pull a muscle at any moment -- standing up, sitting down, coughing, sneezing, peeing, etc.

The good news is that I'm 99% sure that those flutters I'm feeling are baby kicks :-)

Visited BabyDaddy's family this weekend. Went to the mall on Sunday, where he treated me to some maternity outfits (they make me look pregnant instead of just fat!), and I treated him to his first Father's Day present -- a portable hammock. I love you, BabyDaddy!

I'm on the fence as to when to tell people at work about the pregnancy. I'd hoped not to start showing until mid-June (after my performance evaluation is complete), but things seem to be starting to "pop." I'm able to take the paperwork to the lab for the standard maternal triple-screen blood test, which detects risk factors for fetal abnormalities. Then, we've got a 16-week visit on June 11.

Yikes -- there are fireworks going off nearby, and my dog just FREAKED. He's hiding in the bathroom now :-( Poor baby.

No comments: