Wednesday, May 7, 2008

23 Weeks Old

Andrew's recovering from his illness last week, although he still has a bit of a lingering cough, which bugs me. But it's much better than it was.

This morning, I learned that his compatriot Sean at daycare can't even really sit up at all on his own...Roo, on the other hand, can sit up unassisted quite nicely, for many seconds in a row!

This has been a tiring week. He's still not sleeping through the night, although he's usually only up once to eat (around 1 or 2 in the morning), but he then only goes back to sleep until about 5 a.m. I wish he would sleep until 6. And no, I can't put him to bed later, because he becomes cranky bear monster by 7:30 p.m.

Tonight we tried avocados! I had some with my dinner (a two-day-late celebration of Cinco de Mayo, thanks to Hamburger Helper...blech, by the way). I smooshed some avocado and he ate it off my finger. So cute. He had a green moustache and green blobs on his forehead. So -- so far the sum total of his diet has consisted of breast milk, rice cereal, sweet potatoes and avocado. Good boy!

Tomorrow afternoon he's due for more shots, courtesy of our spread-out vaccination schedule. I hope they don't bother him, especially since his immune system has been down this past week.

Last night I made 7-layer bars for Teacher Appreciation Week; parents are supposed to bring in a dessert tomorrow. Yesterday the kids brought in drawings of apples that "they" had decorated for their teachers (but of course, really the mommies and daddies decorated them). Here is Andrew's:



See the itty bitty "Roo" on the apple?

No comments: