Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Healthy, but not sleeping well...

I took Andrew to the doctor this afternoon -- he'd been pulling on his ears and acting fussy, plus he has this cough (again). But it turns out his ears are clear, his lungs are clear, and he had no fever at the doctor's office. While the pediatrician couldn't explain the ear-pulling (is it my imagination??), he did say that there's a "spring cough" thing going around, and that it could be exacerbated by the gushing amounts of drool that Andrew is producing. Are there more teeth in our near future?

Anyway, I gave him Infant Motrin before bed (we skipped the bath tonight; I don't think he would have tolerated it), and he seems to be doing OK sleeping for now. He didn't sleep well all weekend, though, and he took crappy naps at daycare today. Alas, I made the mistake of hoping against hope that the couple of times he slept through the night were a trend. I was sadly, sadly mistaken. He was up at 1:00 this morning to nurse, and he was up for the day at 4:30 a.m.

Oh, and on Saturday he developed pinkeye, and of course we were in PA visiting Nan, so I had to call the pediatrician and have her call in a prescription for eye drops to the nearest pharmacy. Thank god for modern medicine: by bedtime that very same day, his eyes were almost clear!

I can't believe he'll be 6 months old tomorrow.

No comments: