Friday, January 25, 2008

Daycare visit

I took Andrew to meet his daycare "teachers" this morning. It went well, except for the fact that he fell asleep during the 2-minute car ride there and then woke up cranky while I was talking to the teachers. Not a good first impression, little guy! Anyway, the teachers seem pretty nice, but I still don't want to leave my little boy. I almost started crying on the way out to the car afterwards. Ugh.

On a lighter note, I downloaded John Lithgow's "Singin' in the Bathtub" album from iTunes yesterday, and Andrew really seems to like it. It's an album I've enjoyed for some years (I always checked it out of the library). A particular favorite of Andrew's is "I Had a Rooster." I sing it for him during diaper changes, complete with ridiculous animal noises, and it almost always elicits smiles and giggles :-D

I have to send in the paperwork for copies of Andrew's birth certificate. The form says to send check, SASE, and "Photo ID." Photo ID of whom??? And since we're conducting this transaction by mail, what does it matter if I have photo ID? How the hell would they know? Am I supposed to send my actual ID or a copy? What a dumb requirement!

No comments: