Tuesday, October 30, 2007

36 Weeks, 1 Day - Checkup

Dr. S said pleasantly today, "Officially, if you go into labor now, no one will try and stop you." Oy!

We are up to the 50th percentile for amniotic fluid! -- which is damn near perfect, since you don't want to be in the upper echelons, either (equally dangereuse). Today's ultrasound tech estimated Murky at around 5 lbs. 15 oz, and Dr. S said we're on track for a not-too huge, just-right-sized baby. Unless I go overdue...

My coworkers have started a due date/weight/length pool -- any guesses out there? Had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions last night, but nothing "serious."

I've gained 30 lbs so far. I'm supposed to get a call from a physical therapist today so I can be fitted for wrist braces for the carpal tunnel syndrome...so I can get some sleep at night. Which would be lovely.

I really have absolutely, positively no motivation to come to work anymore. I want to nest, to be home with Murky, to be safe and cozy and focus all of my energy on him (not the whiny babies I have to deal with at work). Alas, I still have that mortgage...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - While I believe (for whatever that's worth) that Murky won't make his debut for a couple of weeks, it's reassuring to know that he's good to go should he become impatient!

I'll place my bet on November 22, 6 lbs, 5 oz. As for length? I have no idea... do they measure in inches??

Unknown said...

I'm in for 7 lb. 4 oz. 19.5 inches on November 28.

I have no idea why women in the 70s set the precedent of working up until the last minutes. Were they crazy???

Hezza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hezza said...

I'll take 7 lbs. 7 oz. (Lucky number 7!), 21 inches (7x3 - and MMom is tall and narrow) on November 21 at 7:07 - the vision is not clear on a.m. or p.m. ...
The advantage I see to working until the last minute is being able to take a couple more days on the back end with your child. I think that if you are going to feel rather craptastic anyway, you might as well be at work. ;-) Of course, I'm not really pregnant and uncomfortable, so it's easy for me to pontificate.
...Evidently not easy for me to comment on a blog though - sorry about the deleted message.