Sunday, September 16, 2007

Parent Drama

You may or may not know that my mother has some severe emotional issues, which I won't detail here. Anyway, we've been going through another bad spell for the last few days, and I must say that it's very, very tough.

Just please remember, anyone who's reading this right now, that anything you say to your loved ones -- for whatever reason and no matter whether or not you mean it -- those words can never, ever be unsaid. I pledge to spend the rest of my life NOT saying or doing to my child the things my mother has said or done to me over the last 32 years.

Several weeks ago, I subscribed to daily inspirational messages from BeliefNet.com. Nothing too religious, just general pick-me-ups and tips for dealing with life. In my email inbox today are messages with the following subject headings:

"Child Abuse and Karma"
"Are You Ready for the Struggles Ahead?"

It's eerie. I can't wait to read them.

No comments: