Wednesday, February 13, 2008

11 Weeks Old

Andrew's 11 weeks old today. He had his two-month checkup last Friday:

13 lbs, 6 oz.
24 inches
(75th - 80th percentile)
Eyes, ears, nose, and everything else declared in perfect working order!

He was a little cranky last weekend after his first set of immunizations, but not too bad. He only cried while the needle was actually in his thigh (THREE shots, though!); then he proceeded to sleep most of the rest of the day.

He's outgrowing size 1 diapers!

He had his first "hour without Mommy" daycare trial run a couple of days ago, and he did very well! When I called (of course I called after about a half hour), the teacher told me he was in the exersaucer, and that they were very impressed with how he was able to hold himself up, even though he's so tiny. I was so proud. He had a good time, so I don't feel as horribly guilty about going back to work as I did. Just regular guilty. :-( And sad.

Slowly, slowly, slowly I am recovering from this most recent bout of mastitis, which necessitated another after-hours call to the OB/GYN last Friday night, and a Saturday morning doctor's appointment. My breast was as red and hard as an apple, and I was having flu-like symptoms again. My doctor switched my antibiotics (I'm now on 750 mg of Cipro twice a day; normal dose is 200 mg); it's been 4 days and we're finally starting to see some improvement. I decided not to go back to work this Friday after all, but to give my body the long weekend to recover. My boss has been very understanding about this.

Today is MDad's birthday; Aunt K is babysitting while we go out to a Grownup Dinner! Let's hope Andrew is a good boy for her. He's napping right now, a good long nap...so he probably won't be too overtired and cranky later tonight.

No comments: