Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Not thrush

Went to breastfeeding support group yesterday and saw the lactation consultant. The verdict: not thrush (yay!), but a blocked milk duct/pore (booo!). Solution: keep nursing and pumping on that side. I finally got up the courage to nurse Andrew on the right side tonight before putting him to bed, and it didn't hurt at all! I can't express how happy this makes me -- no more extra chore of pumping after nursing/bottle feeding him. That was getting really old.

Hooray! And my sinuses are feeling better, too! I'm working half-days the rest of the week, though, so as not to overdo it. I've realized that the best way to take care of my baby is to take care of myself. A sick mama is not a good mama.

1 comment:

Hezza said...

I am so glad you're feeling better! Happy Momma, happy baby!
Sending big, germ-free energy hugs!
Love, H