Wednesday, November 14, 2007

When is this baby coming?

The answer is, we have no idea. I have no idea, at least. And I'm fortunate to have an OB who does not routinely do internal exams in late pregnancy "just to see" -- how dilated/effaced I may be, what station the baby's at, etc. From what I've read, this information has no bearing on predicting when the baby will arrive, but internal exams do have the potential to introduce nasty germs into the womb, or even to rupture my membranes, forcing an induction, which would be likely to cause me to have a caesarean.

So, no thanks. No need to know -- at least not yet -- how dilated I am, or how far down the baby's head is, etc. He'll come out when he's ready.

But that doesn't mean I'm not still freaking unbelievably tired. It's exhausting growing a person.

No comments: