Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Boy or Girl?

So this is the big question these days...any hunches, anyone?

I took an online quiz that asked me such questions as the usual "Are you carrying high or low" and "Do you crave sweet foods or salty/spicy foods?", but it also asked me things like "Is your urine bright neon yellow or a dull yellow?" (eww) and "Do you prefer to eat the heel of a loaf of bread, or do you refuse to eat it?" What the hell?? So I dutifully answered all 597 questions or so, clicked "Submit," and waited anxiously for the results to turn up.

The results? There's a 50% chance it's a girl, and a 50% chance it's a boy. Thanks, Internet!!

Baby has been more active than usual today, and I'm certain now that it's not gas. Mostly because, due to the beautiful miracle of pregnancy, I happen to actually have a lot of gas these days, so I can pretty much tell when I'm having a Gas Attack versus a Baby Attack. Sorry if that's too much info. But I just know.

Aside from the fact that my mother is a raving lunatic these days, I'm feeling pretty peppy. I've actually had at least 2 relatively-energetic days in a row, and I even managed to get through a 14-hour workday yesterday, complete with an evening program that 250 people attended, followed by a town council meeting that ended at a depressing 11:00 p.m. And today, despite the fact that I didn't get to sleep until around 1:00 a.m. (I'm always hyper after council and board meetings), and only got about 6.5 hours of sleep, I'm still going strong. And here it is 9:32 p.m. However, I could use some nice quality time in bed with the novel I'm reading. Now there's a woman who loves books...

No comments: