Thursday, June 14, 2007

I expected this to happen

I've already begun having the "nesting" instinct. I got home around 9:30 tonight after an evening professional meeting and dinner with a colleague, and I had the nearly-irresistible urge to clean out the spare room in preparation for turning it into a nursery. Fortunately, I was able to resist (thank goodness for those nearly-irresistible urges!), since I'm pretty zonked after the way this week has shaped up. But the living room did not escape my vacuum nonetheless.

I'm really really really really really looking forward to getting out of town, out of state, away from work, away from Mom, away from it ALL for a week of conference/vacation. Starting soon. Like, less than a week from now. I'm also looking forward to my haircut this Saturday morning; my hairdresser is awesome therapy -- a drama-loving Italian-American 40-ish lady. She'd kill me if she caught me calling her a lady.

A colleague of mine found out she's pregnant, after much trying, last Friday. I've got my fingers (and ovaries and stuff) crossed for her! I hope we can be preggers together. "Preggers" is an annoying word. How about "with child" or "expecting?" There have got to be some better euphemisms out there.

Tonight I took some photos of my belly (clothed, of course). I think I look pretty pregnant for not-quite-4-months, but that's only when I'm holding my clothes against my tummy. Otherwise I think I've managed to hide my "condition" with baggy clothes up to this point. But tomorrow's the big day, when I tell all of my coworkers!

No comments: