Monday, June 4, 2007

My Little Monkey

Mom is convinced I'm having a little monkey, since I've recently become a fruit pig -- I can't get enough strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc. I'm convinced she's right, especially considering the acrobatics the little bugger has been up to today! All I can think of is one of those little wind-up monkeys that plays the cymbals and occasionally does backflips. I was at a work meeting tonight and it was hard not to jump up from my seat each time Murky rolled around or "boinged." MurkyDad told me Murky must have been bored with tonight's meeting. That made at least two of us.

Oh, and my preggy undies arrived! Hallelujah!

Today I made a conscious effort to consume more protein -- some websites say I need at least 70 grams per day. Jeez! How on earth am I supposed to eat that much food in general? Anyway, it's cottage cheese, yogurt, lean meats, peanut butter, and beans for me for the foreseeable future. I do not want to be exhausted anymore. Today was good, though -- a long day of work, punctuated by a trip home to listen to my lovely baby's strong galloping heartbeat (perhaps I should nickname him or her Seabiscuit?), then back to work for a meeting, then back home -- and now it's 11:15 p.m. and I'm not retardedly exhausted.

Hooray for the second trimester!

No comments: